The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS, Ajax,and PHP
At the time of its release, Dreamweaver CS4 represented the most significant upgrade of the leading web development tool since Dreamweaver MX in 2002. The user interface was redesigned to give Dreamweaver a more coordinated feel and look with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite, but it's under the hood where the real changes took place.
To help you get the best out of the program, The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS, Ajax, and PHP takes an in-depth look at the following new features:
- Live view—activate dynamic features, such as flyout menus, within the Document window, and inspect changes to styles without the need to leave the program.
- Code Navigator—context-sensitive inspection of style rules.
- Photoshop Smart Objects—generate and update web images directly from a Photoshop PSD file.
- Spry HTML Data Sets—update page information without the need to reload the page. Chapter 19 shows you how to build an accessible Ajax gallery.
- InContext Editing—build pages compatible with Adobe's new online page editing service.
- Screen sharing—share your screen with up to three other people anywhere in the world.
The book focuses on using CSS, Ajax, and PHP in a Dreamweaver context. As long as you have an understanding of the basic principles of HTML and CSS, you should be building interactive websites in no time at all. You'll learn, among other things, how to style one of the preinstalled CSS layouts and add a Spry menu bar. The default layout provided by Dreamweaver is solid, but looks drab and uninspiring. However, by changing a few style rules and adding some images, you can quickly turn it into the basis for an elegant website.
Other Dreamweaver books you might be interested in
Murach's Dreamweaver CC 2014 by Zak Ruvalcaba
Learn Adobe Dreamweaver CC for Web Authoring: Adobe Certified Associate Exam Preparation (Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)) by Kim Cavanaugh & Rob Schwartz
Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release) by Jim Maivald
Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release) by Jim Maivald