If you would like to get early access to my next book “Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 with PHP: Training from the Source”, the first six chapters (of 12) are now available as Rough Cuts in Creative Edge and Safari Books Online.
If you have a Safari Library subscription, you can view the chapters free of charge, and see new ones as they’re added. Without a subscription, you can get access to the book in PDF format for $34.99, including the finished ebook version when the book is complete. You can also opt for the Rough Cuts PDF and Print bundle for $67.48. The print version is expected to be released in early August.
The chapters currently available are Lessons 1-3 and 4-7, covering the following subjects:
- An in-depth look at all the PHP features in Dreamweaver CS5
- Instructions for setting up a local PHP development environment
- A quick PHP crash course (or refresher)
- Creating your own database in MySQL
- Using Dreamweaver server behaviors for automatic code generation
- Building a robust user registration system with Zend_Validate and Zend_Db
Chapters still to come concentrate heavily on using selected modules of the Zend Framework for sending email, uploading files, and building a content management system. (To avoid any misunderstanding, the book does not use the MVC design pattern—it follows what the ZF documentation calls “use at will” design, making use of individual components.)