I have just added to my site a tutorial on converting a Spry Menu Bar into a server-side include. I have also been busy adding a bunch of brief articles to the Dreamweaver Cookbook on the Adobe site.
I answer a lot of questions in the Dreamweaver forums, and realized that a lot of the solutions I was coming up with for people weren’t easy to find after a couple of days. So, rather than letting them disappear into cyberoblivion, I decided to add any of general interest to the cookbook when I had a few spare moments. The Dreamweaver Cookbook is intended for code samples, and doesn’t have the capability of including screenshots, so I’ll continue posting longer tutorials on my own site. But I hope you’ll find my contributions to the cookbook useful.
Here are direct links to some of the articles I have added to the Dreamweaver Cookbook:
- Create nested lists from a recordset
- Set a time limit on a login session
- Registration system that requires the user to validate the email address (in two parts)
- Alternate colours for table rows (using PHP, Spry, or jQuery)
- Upload image to website
- Format date for insertion into MySQL
- Formatting dates stored in MySQL
The Dreamweaver Cookbook is open to anyone to either request recipes or contribute recipes of their own. It could turn into a very useful resource if people start using it regularly. Check it out!